Wednesday, August 12, 2009

bankheadd - Duncan Bankhead - Summer 1992 - SoundCloud

Got a tip the other day on a really awesome 1992 old-school house mix, which can be found here:

bankheadd - Duncan Bankhead - Summer 1992 - SoundCloud

This mix really took me back, and what's interesting to me is that even though Duncan Bankhead is in Scotland, I believe, and I was out here in California, much of the tracks that are on that list are the exact same ones that I was listening to and mixing at the same time - and that was without the internet!!!

OK, so maybe it's not all that amazing, but when I think back it seems incredible. I think a few of my friends and the guys I was talking to at the record shops and the remix subscription services that I was using at the time (razormaid, twitch, metropolis, m) were very much in tune with what was happening in europe, and, let's face it... the music scene was just light years beyond what was going on in the States at that time (college alternative & grunge - ugh...).

Anyway Duncan's mix is really great - and long(!) - so go check it out!

No comments: